Thursday, June 28, 2012

Roughs for my Beatles Tribute Art Show Piece







Hi Everyone!  I'm very excited to be a part of the "All Together Now" Beatles Tribute Art Show at Gallery Nucleus (Benefitting Doctors Without Borders, opening July 7th, 2012)!  My lovely wife Dawn Au will also have a beautiful piece in the show (she'll be posting it here soon).  Here are some roughs and a color comp for the piece I'm submitting (the bottom two images represent where my final piece is headed).  I originally wanted to do a separate piece for each Beatle, but time constraints beat that idea out of me!  So in the end, I decided to do a piece showing the Beatles performing their last live concert--on top of the Apple Corp building in 1969.  I'll post my final painting closer to the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment